Despite the global pandemic, there are safe and exciting ways to participate and celebrate World Space Week. The Highlights section showcases some of the creative, innovative and popular events bringing people together to celebrate space.
- Celebrate World Space Week and its theme of Satellites Improve Life by simply looking up and observing satellites from home
- Space4Women will be hosting a special World Space Week online event on the topic of Using Satellites to Improve Lives
- SpaceWatch.Global will be organizing a special webinar on October 8 to launch ”Moriba’s Vox Populi” to discuss topics of relevance to space safety, security, and sustainability
- SpaceWatch.Global will organize a Space Café WebTalk on October 6 featuring Fahad Al Mheiri, Acting Executive Director – Space Sector United Arab Emirates Space Agency
- Women in Aerospace Europe (WIA-E) invite people from around the globe to participate in the virtual events organised by their Local Groups throughout Europe.
- Society for Space Education, Research and Development (SSERD) will be organizing a 7-day (Oct 4-10) FREE Online Program for students of all ages, which will include lectures, workshops, competitions, and hackathons.
- World Space Week Portugal plans to prepare a book of articles by students and companies/organisations on space related issues