World Space Week Association (WSWA) seeks two interns to help support the Executive Director and the Global Team in their endeavors in leading the largest space event on Earth. These will be volunteer, unpaid, part-time positions, for a period of 3 – 6 months. Interns are expected to work approximately 15 – 20 hours a week, with the support of the Executive Team. The positions can be performed from anywhere in the world. Expected start date is 1 February, 2022.
Internship positions are open to all students who are currently enrolled in Undergraduate or Graduate programs and have completed a minimum of two years of full-time studies, and to all who have completed their degrees within 1 year of the application for the internship. We are flexible to accommodate requirements by Universities to ensure that students are eligible for credits, including, but not limited to, increasing the required hours, and providing final assessment; please inform us about those in advance. Interns will be working under the supervision of the Executive Director.
About the positions:
Internship positions will give successful applicants insight into the work of an international non-governmental organization in the space sector. Interns will be directly exposed to day-to-day operations of the Association, including communications with partners, sponsors and all preparations for the Association’s engagements in the UN Committee on Peaceful Uses of Outer Space.
1 Internship position will be dedicated to Communications:
- The intern will work closely with the Executive Director and Operations Manager on improving the communications strategy of the Association.
1 Internship position will be dedicated to Operations:
- The intern will work closely with the Executive Director and Operations Manager on successfully implementing the operating plan of the Association.
– Should have excellent command of English language.
– Should be able to work flexible hours.
– Should have interest in space.
– MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) proficiency is required.
– Provides own computer and access to internet.
– Fast response times in email and other forms of communication are desired.
– Must have strong organizational skills and must be able to work independently.
– Although location can be anywhere, you should be available throughout the work day European time, Monday – Friday.
To apply, please send your CV, motivational letter and one recommendation letter to email@example.com by 15 January, 2022, 12am CET. Please indicate the preferred length of your internship and your preference regarding communications or operations. Successful candidates will be invited for an interview on 19 and 20 January, 2022.