World Space Week Association (WSWA) seeks an Operations Manager to support the Executive Director and the Association’s volunteers to coordinate World Space Week, the largest space event on Earth. This will be a paid, full-time contract, for a period of 2 years. Operations Manager is expected to work approximately 40 hours a week, directly with the Executive Director with the support of the Executive Team. The position can be performed from anywhere in the world. The position has a three-month trial period. Expected start date is 1 March, 2022.
Remuneration for this position is 1500 USD/month, paid at the end of every month.
About the position:
Operations Manager is expected to support the Executive Director and the volunteers in their day-to-day operations and activities. This is a contract position and the selected candidate will not be an employee of the Association.
Main responsibilities of the Operations Manager are:
– Organizing and maintaining the Association’s Salesforce database.
– Supporting the organization of events and on-line programs, such as arranging webinars and meetings.
– Maintaining the annual task plan, ensuring tasks have been delegated, and collecting status of completion.
– Preparing the social media strategy and post Association news in social media.
– Supporting other contractors and volunteers as necessary.
– Coordinating mutual promotional activities with sponsors and partners.
– Performing research to expand the Association’s global media list.
– Identifying issues/updates needed for the website and work with the webmaster to correct them.
– Maintaining the volunteer list and manage volunteer access to various accounts.
– Managing the Association’s newsletter, including its mailing list and coordinating/editing the newsletters.
– Researching contact information for prospective donors and help prepare solicitations.
– Should have excellent command of English language.
– Experience with Salesforce is a plus
– Experience with WordPress is a plus.
– Experience with Canva is a plus.
– Should be able to work flexible hours.
– Should have interest in space and be well informed about the trends in the space sector.
– MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) proficiency is required.
– Provides own computer and access to internet.
– Fast response times in email and other forms of communication are desired.
– Must have strong organizational skills and must be able to work independently.
– Although location can be anywhere, you should be available throughout the work day European time, Monday – Friday.
To apply, please use the following link by 15 January, 2022, 12am CET.