World Space Week Association (WSWA) seeks a Theme and Program Manager, to help support the Executive Director and the Global Team in their endeavours in leading the largest space event on Earth. This will be a paid, part-time position, for a period of 1 year. Theme and Program Manager is expected to work approximately 10 – 15 hours a week, with the support of the Executive Team. The Theme Manager should have experience with working in the space sector, especially in the field of space sustainability. The position can be performed from anywhere in the world. The position has a three-month trial period. Expected start date is 1 January, 2022.
Remuneration for this position is 1000 USD/month, paid at the end of every month.
About the position:
Theme and Program Manager is expected to support the Executive Director and the Global Team in activities related to the WSW Theme 2022, “Space and Sustainability”. This is a contract position and the selected candidate will not be an employee of the Association.
Main responsibilities of the Theme and Program Manager are:
– Assist the Executive Director in preparation of activities and programs related to the 2022 theme, including but not limited to organization of webinars, podcast, etc.
– Assist the Executive Director in executing the 2022 activities as set in the operating plan.
– Work with the Executive Director on encouraging more participants and organizations to celebrate the WSW 2022 theme.
– Prepare a plan for selection of the WSW 2022 poster.
– Should have excellent command of English language.
– Should be able to work flexible hours.
– Should have interest in space and be well informed about the trends in the space sector.
– Should have knowledge and experience with the WSW 2022 theme.
– MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) proficiency is required.
– Provides own computer and access to internet.
– Fast response times in email and other forms of communication are desired.
– Must have strong organizational skills and must be able to work independently.
To apply, please use the following link by 15 December, 2021, 12am CET.