World Space Week Association (WSWA) seeks a volunteer Graphic Designer to help support the Executive Director and the Global Team in their endeavors in leading the largest space event on Earth. This will be an unpaid volunteer position, and the Newsletter Manager is expected to work 5 -10hours a week. The position can be performed from anywhere in the world. The position has a three-month trial period. Expected start date is March 2021.
About the position:
Graphic Designer is expected to support the Executive Director and the Global Team. Main responsibilities of the Graphic Designer are:
– Assisting the Executive Team in design of Association’s materials.
– Assisting in editing and layout of the newsletter.
– Assisting in designing the content for the website and other communications channels.
– Should have excellent command of English language.
– Should have experience with graphic design.
– Additional experience with designing websites is not required, but it is a plus.
– Experience with WordPress.
– Should be able to work flexible hours.
– Should have interest in space and be well informed about the trends in the space sector.
– MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) proficiency is required.
– Provides own computer and access to internet.
– Fast response times in email and other forms of communication are desired.
– Must have strong organizational skills and must be able to work independently.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter and examples of design work addressing your qualifications to Maruška Strah, Executive Director, World Space Week Association, firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 February, 2021.