World Space Week Association (WSWA) seeks a Volunteer Relations and Participation Manager, to help support the Executive Director and the Global Team in their endeavors in leading the largest space event on Earth. This will be an unpaid volunteer position, and the volunteer is expected to work approximately 5 – 10 hours a week, with the support of the Executive Team. The position can be performed from anywhere in the world. The position has a three-month trial period. Expected start date is March 2021.
About the position:
Volunteer Relations Manager is expected to support the Executive Director and the Global Team.
Main responsibilities of the Volunteer Relations Manager are:
– Assist the Executive Director in managing volunteers and their tasks.
– Carry out a scoping study of volunteer and participants needs.
– Work with the Executive Director on a strategy to better meet the needs of volunteers and participants.
– Work with the VP of Education and Coordinators to improve the reporting of the WSW events.
– Should have excellent command of English language.
– Should be able to work flexible hours.
– Should have interest in space and be well informed about the trends in the space sector.
– MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) proficiency is required.
– Provides own computer and access to internet.
– Fast response times in email and other forms of communication are desired.
– Must have strong organizational skills and must be able to work independently.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter addressing your qualifications to Maruška Strah, Executive Director, World Space Week Association, email@example.com by 25 February, 2021.